Tuesday, October 12, 2010

those who lie with dogs...

In November, regal old Forbes will be 14. You know, that's 98 in dog years? Elizabeth loves her yellow buddy, as do we. He was acquired in Richmond, Kentucky one chilly Winter 14 years ago this coming January. He was the most expensive Lab I had ever found, a whopping $800! My Dad thought that was absurd and told me to find a thriftier one. So, I flipped through the Herald Leader, searching for our newest friend. Day after day, his ad showed up. Finally, we called. He was 12 weeks old and there were only two left. I stayed behind while Mom and Dad drove a good distance to meet Mr. Forbes. In usual fashion, my Father bartered with his breeder. I'm quite certain he got a wonderful deal. He always does. However, each moment we spent with this amazing dog, the more we knew what a steal he truly was. This dog was bread for greatness. Instead, he has filled my family's heart with unconditional love and adoration. He is stubborn as an ox and has had a many love affair with tennis balls. I often think he dreams of a Doggy Heaven filled with tennis balls soaring through the air. Little Elizabeth is enamored by him. So much so, she shares her breakfast and luch with him each day. He is just as in love.



Posted by Picasa




No comments:

Post a Comment